Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Vacation- Day Two

Of course, after a rough first night we weren't ready to tackle the world, so we just hung around the house on Wednesday morning. The kids were so excited to get out and play on the swing set. This was one of the things the kids remembered from time to time about the last time we had been out in Colorado. I hadn't reminded them of it until I found out that Dad had transferred it to the new backyard. When I told them that it was at the new house, that's all they talked about for weeks!

Dad and Cathy also have a dog named Cadillac. Whenever the kids went outside, he followed. It's like he knew he had to keep watch over the kiddos in the backyard. The kids loved Cadillac! Shaylen got a little skittish with him after he got a little excited and started jumping on her, but she soon learned to not turn and run. Let's just say that Cadillac loves to chase! So, they would grab his toys and throw them around and also became very good at spotting doggy doo in the yard and then calling for Grandpa! Ewww.

Cathy's step-mom, Betty, lives in a beautiful assisted living home in Longmont. Many years ago, she and Cathy's dad used to live in Midland, MI. Taigen and I had a service there with one of our Musical Ministry teams from BJU and that's where we first met Betty. She's a gem. A few months ago, Dad called and asked if we would be willing to do a service for the residents there while we were out for vacation. We jumped at the opportunity. This was a ministry that we used to have while still at BJU. Wednesday evening we went over to the Bridge and all four of us did a nice service for those gathered to listen. We had a great group of people there. We sang some of their favorite hymns, I played a couple of numbers on the piano, the kids sang two hymns, Taigen and I each did a solo and then Taigen preached a short sermon.

After the service, Dad & Cathy took Betty and the rest of us out for a late dinner. I enjoyed watching Betty. She has a gleam in her eye and you have to watch out for her because she is quick-witted! She seems so quiet, but every once in a while, she would come out with some funny comment. We had a great time together. On the way back from dinner, I enjoyed watching the sun set over the Rocky Mountains. They are so beautiful! I got this great shot of Longs Peak.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Marshall looks JUST like Dad!!! Too cute. Shaylen looks pleased as punch.

But those pictures are just plain not fair! I almost cried at the sunset picture. How many times have I seen that sight and just stared in awe at the beauty of the sunset?!! Too many to count.

Stephanie

The Coffee Press said...

I think Marshall has ALWAYS looked like Dad. I'm waiting to find a pic of Dad when he was younger. Do you have it?

That pic is right outside the Bridge on Route 66. It turned out pretty good.