Friday, October 31, 2008

Back to Reality

We've started back up in school and finished another whole week. This past week they have been studying Nursery Rhymes in their reading class. One of the days this week focused on Kings and Queens (Humpty Dumpty, Old King Cole, Pussy Cat Pussy Cat, and Sing a Song of Sixpence). Marshall and Shaylen enjoyed wearing a crown throughout the entire morning. I couldn't convince them to wear their "robes" though.

One of the things that I enjoy about the DVD's is that the staff at BJU Press has a slew of resources to pull from. I don't know if you can see it well enough from your computer, but Mrs. Lawson had on a beautiful and regal outfit. The kids also saw one of their favorite characters, Mr. Nice Guy. Mrs. Lawson gave him a beautiful purple robe, a red ring, a gold crown and a shiny sword! We also got to see pictures of Queen Elizabeth! It was such a fun day.

The kids are doing very well. We finished up our first quarter and I calculated their "grades". Even though NH doesn't require Kindergarten, I'm still keeping track. I am happy to say that they both received all A's in each of their subjects (Beginnings/Reading, Math, and Bible). They are reading so well and are excited to spot some of the words they know as we drive along.

1 comment:

js said...

What a handsome prince and a beautiful princess! I love you Marshall and Shaylen. I am glad you are doing well in school.