We're officially off! (That is, I hope we are!) By the time you read this post, we'll be on our flight to Colorado. We are so excited for this vacation. It is our first since last July.Last July we went to Washington. On our way back, if you remember, our flights got messed up! It was a long day, but the good news is, we got vouchers for all of us to use on our next flight.
We needed to purchase the tickets for that flight before July 14th of this year or they would expire. Taigen did some research online and found a great rate to CO for October. Hmmm...We were due for a trip out there. The kids hadn't seen Dad and Cathy since they were 2 1/2! We were able to use our points from our credit card to purchase one of our tickets, plus knock off a large chunk with the vouchers. All in all, we only had to pay for 1 1/2 tickets! Praise the Lord!
We have been looking forward to this for a long time. I know that Marshall and Shaylen are looking forward to the flight and Dad and Cathy's swing set, but I can't wait to see the beautiful Front Range and especially Longs Peak (pictured right). Don't you just love that "purple mountain majesty?"
As you know, we're not just going to see scenery. It will definitely be good to see Dad and Cathy and also some friends in the church where I grew up.This Wednesday, we're going to be doing a service in the assisted living home where Cathy's step-mom lives. Taigen will be preaching and all of us will sing. We're excited to do this for Betty. I don't know what else Cathy has up her sleeve, but you can bet that spoiling the grandkids (and us as well) is on the top of the list.
I'll do my best to update from out West. Yeee Haw!
No comments:
Post a Comment