
Whenever I see my beloved Rocky Mountains, I always think of the song "America the Beautiful." Colorado captures the lines of the first verse perfectly. It certainly has spacious skies. It also holds many, many fields of grain. It has a beautiful patchwork quilt of fields that you can see from the sky. But oh! the beautiful purple mountain majesties! Nothing compares to the Rocky Mountain range. You can see it for miles and miles. It was so good to look at it again.
O beautiful for spacious skies,For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties
Above the fruited plain!America! America!God shed his grace on thee
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!

3 comments:
That first picture is such a beautiful view. I'm assuming that it is from Dad's back porch?
Breathtaking.
Stephanie
So glad you had a good trip...and I'm so thankful I've had the privilege of seeing those majestic mountains in person. A perfect example of God's creation!
Steph, No, it's on I-25 headed north to Loveland. The view from Dad's backyard is too distant to get that great a shot. Though I have one from our last day there that turned out pretty good with the zoom. I'll post that latah.
Post a Comment