On Sunday Cathy invited some of my relatives to come and enjoy lunch at the house. In the morning we went to my home church: Faith Baptist Church. It is always so good to see friends. (Notice I didn't say old friends. That's because I don't want to imply that those people that I saw at FBC are old. They might all be older than I am, but they are certainly not "old".) As always, Pastor Cross gave a practical, Biblical message that was convicting and challenging! For those of you who don't know, Pastor Cross was my youth pastor in Jr. High and high school and probably the person that had the biggest impact on my spiritual walk with the Lord. I am so thankful for him and his lovely wife, Donna. They helped lay a great spiritual foundation for future growth at BJU and they were always there for me (and still are!) when I needed good advice.
When we got home, my Uncle Ray and Auntie Mary Lou were at the house already. They live in beautiful Colorado Springs. Auntie Mary Lou is Dad's sister. A bit later, my dad's cousin, Nanette or "Nani" arrived. Do you remember her from our last CO trip? (I think I mislabeled her as "Lilly" in the slideshow. She is pictured above left.) She is a fraternal twin! I have yet to meet her twin brother. She has a special place in her heart for Marshall and Shaylen. The other family members that were missing were my cousin Vincent, his wife Robin and their kids. We saw them the last trip too. Unfortunately, It was so good to spend time with everyone! Cathy had a feast laid out for us. Southwest Cheesecake for chip dip, a veggie platter, crackers and cheese, salad, fruit salad and pop. Wow. We had a nice relaxing afternoon for us and a time in the backyard for the kids (notice Dad's lovely pink hat and the kids' faces), everyone left. We changed and took off for the evening service at Faith. It was such a nice day.
2 comments:
Finally! We now have proof that you were actually on this trip! Good to see a picture of you friend...I was started to forget what you look like! :)
Aunt Mary Lou and Uncle Ray look so GREAT! I can't remember the last time I saw them, but I do remember that they were dancing. They seem to dance through life with a smile! Did you remember to get FB information from them? Post me.
Love Dad's hat...is it Shaylen's? For fearful children, Shaylen and Marshall seem to be swinging awfully high. I don't think David would even enjoy those heights! Way to go M&S!
Post a Comment