Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Let's Go Smell A Wave

Sherry loves the ocean and has always found it very relaxing to go and just "smell a wave." Taigen and I always mimic Sherry's phrase when we go to the beach as if it were some medicine we could take to heal all our aches and pains. Well, today was rainy (kindof like the weather the entire time Sherry has been here) and so I decided that since we weren't going to get in a beach day, we could at least go for a drive and let Sherry see it, roll down her window and "smell it."

We got more for our money. The rain let up enough for us to get out for a bit and get some pictures. It was chilly and quite breezy, but not too bad! My favorite shot is the one of Sherry with the wave crashing in the background. It turned out really nice! The kids enjoyed throwing rocks and opening and closing their umbrellas. When we got too cold, we drove down the road and enjoyed seeing all of the beautiful homes along the coast. I didn't get pictures of my favorite huge ones. They were gorgeous, trust me.

And for those of you who want to visually get a peek at our coast, here you go:

4 comments:

Janelle said...

Thanks for the ocean! :) Seeing that started my morning off nicely!
I love how Marshall hops instead of walking or running when he is really having fun at something. I miss those kiddos!

The Coffee Press said...

You're welcome. I enjoyed watching it too. It was pretty "crashy".

Shaylen, when she is excited, kindof runs sideways too. They are so funny to watch!

Anonymous said...

More thanks for the ocean video. I love that sound. :) -space

The Coffee Press said...

It's so relaxing. I could sit and just listen to it for hours.