Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Vacation: First Goodbyes

Tuesday nights my Dad goes bowling. It is something he has done for as long as I can remember. So, we had a quiet evening at home with Cathy! Now, Cathy had to work on Wednesday and would be gone by the time the kids got up so we had to say our goodbyes on Tuesday evening. The kids were in a "snuggle and read to me" mood, so Cathy went and got a bunch of books to read. They contentedly sat and listened and I eagerly snapped lots of pictures. We had such a great time and it was good for the kids to spend time one-on-one with Grandma Cathy. They were old enough this trip to participate and remember what they did and I'm glad they had a great time, but it made goodbyes even more difficult for all involved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such great pics of the kids and Grandma Cathy - does she EVER age? Your dad, too! Love Shaylen's new blunt cut!

xo Grandma Sherry

The Coffee Press said...

No, Cathy doesn't age at all! She always looks great. Shaylen's hair cut does look so good on her and it's easier to just let go. However French braids are more difficult, but little piggies are wicked cute! I'll have to take a pic sometime soon to show you. She definitely looks more like "Boo"!