Friday, October 31, 2008

Friday Fun

We had a little visitor with us on Friday and boy were we excited to spend time with him! Isn't he so cute? This is a little boy from our church. His mama was taking a friend (who just had a baby) out for a pedicure and lunch. She emailed earlier this week and asked if we wanted to watch her son. Of course! He's such a good baby and we loved having him here. He took a two hour nap while the kids did their school. When he woke up, he joined us in the classroom and played quietly with the toys while the kids finished up Bible. He loved pulling himself up with Marshall's desk and watching what Marshall was doing. I think Marshall and Shaylen enjoyed playing with all of their old baby toys. Who would've thunk it?

I stepped outside to help Ashley out to the car this afternoon and realized that the air was so warm. It was perfect weather for playing outside. I promised the kids that after quiet time we could go outside and play. Of course, they were excited!

They played on their scooters (until Shaylen fell and scraped her knee) and then raked leaves. When we were in the backyard I decided to take the kids exploring in the "woods" behind our house. There actually isn't a house behind us so we can walk quite a ways back. I dont' know how far it actually goes until you run into something. I certainly can't see anything! However, we didn't go too far because Marshall got nervous if he couldn't see the house. I think he thought he would get lost like Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh.

We found mole holes, moss, good sticks for them to hold and point with, red mushrooms, birch bark, acorns, lots of pine cones and baby evergreen trees poking out from under leaves. Shaylen and I thought that it would make a great "Secret Garden." Shaylen even pretended to find an opening to let us all out! How cute is that? Can you tell what they've been listening to during quiet time? (We've also been reading the book in the afternoons together...the unabridged version!)

All in all, it was a wonderful afternoon spent with the kids.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! I love exploring in the woods, sounds like so much fun.