Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Vacation: The Final Goodbye

We had worked it out that we wouldn't have to leave really early to get home. It was so nice to get up and d-r-a-w out the inevitable. Cathy had put out two doggie bones for Cadillac so the kids could feed him one last time before we left. They'll miss that dog terribly!

It had snowed in the mountains overnight and I was able to go out and get one last look and photo of Longs Peak. It was a clear day so other than the telephone lines, I had an unobstructed view! It looked beautiful.

We got in the truck and sipped Stewart's Orange Cream Soda on the way to DIA. (That's Taigen's favorite pop, but you can't get it out here!) Dad sat in the back of his truck playing Car Bingo with the kids. It was so neat to hear the interaction. Saying good-bye was hard. I'll admit it, I cried! It's the hardest thing to take their grandkids so far away from them and taking our kids away from their grandparents. Our consolation is in knowing that God has placed us in New Hampshire for a reason. That doesn't make the lump in my throat easier to swallow though.

Our flights home were uneventful and we got in to the house at about midnight. I didn't plan on doing school Thursday morning. With the time difference and the late night, I figured the kids wouldn't be up for it. I had to pry them out of bed at 10 as it was!

All in all, it was a restful vacation. We got to do so much, spend time with Dad and Cathy, relax, and also see our friends at FBC. Taigen got to watch some sports on a HUGE TV (Patriots vs Broncos...Dad wasn't a happy camper for that game!) and I even got to squeeze in a little bit of HGTV!

We're looking forward to the next time we'll be able to go, not knowing when that will be, but hoping it will be soon.

Thanks Dad and Cathy for a wonderful vacation! We love you. Sending Hugs and Kisses your way.

No comments: