Those of you who have the luxury of living near your family enjoy the benefits of free babysitting! They are usually available and enjoy the opportunity to spoil the grandkids. Since we were in town, Taigen decided to ask Dad and Cathy if they would watch Marshall and Shaylen so we could go out and have some time alone. Did they argue? I don't think so! They jumped at the chance.
Taigen and I went up to Loveland to the outlets and the outdoor mall and walked around. This might not seem romantic to you, but to us it is usually what we do on a date. We love window shopping. We'll go in, look around and then ask each other on the way out, "Did you see anything you can't live without?" Then we laugh.
For lunch Taigen took me to Red Robin. We don't have these in New England (much to our dismay). It is a special treat to have their hamburgers and fries. Taigen grills with their special seasoning all summer. Yum!
After lunch we got a strawberry frappuccino from Starbucks and walked around some more. I hit a sale at one store and walked out with a 40% discounted item plus an additional 20% off my entire purchase! I love my new sweater set.
The kids had a great time with the grands and I don't think they missed us at all. It was so nice to get out with my boyfriend and have some quality time together.
3 comments:
I loved hearing your description of your date night...it makes our date nights look normal. Friday when Mom watched the boys, where did we wind up? Shopping! Ha!
And don'tcha LOVE Red Robin!? We have one in Anchorage. We discovered it last spring trip and had to return this fall. YUM-O! Where did you get their seasonings?
Yes, we LOVE RR. Taigen usually picks some up when we're in Seattle or he does what every good boy does...he asks for family to send it to him as gifts. This year he got two shakers this year from Sherry for Father's Day.
Oooh la la, date with your boyfriend! How fun.
Post a Comment