Taigen and I got up at 3:00 a.m. to get ready to go. At 3:25 we pulled the kids out of bed and put them in the car. Fortunately for them, we had allowed them to go to sleep in the clothes that they would wear for the journey. They did not go back to sleep once we were on the road. They were full of questions and excitement!
Our plane was on time and we took off for Atlanta at 6:00. The stewardess must have known that the kids were excited about the plane ride because she told us to ask to meet the pilot after the flight was over. This got Marshall excited so he drew the pilot one of his famous airplanes! The pilot loved it and gave both kids a sticker in return. The stewardess remarked at how detailed the drawing was for a 4 1/2 year old.The flights were uneventful. Taigen's iPod (Thank you Kyle!) was perfect for the journey. We were able to download two videos for the kids to watch as a special treat (see Shaylen right).

We arrived in Denver around lunchtime and Shaylen proceeded in getting Grandpa wrapped around her little finger mere moments after getting her hug (see the picture below).
It was a relaxing rest of the day. Of course, it felt like evening the entire time since we were up so early and still on EST. Cathy had a wonderful lunch/dinner prepared for us. It looked like a Thanksgiving meal! We got the grand tour of their new home (which is fabulous and cozy) and then settled in for a relaxing evening at home.
3 comments:
I'm so glad Marshall got to meet the pilot. I plan to call and ask him all about it. Did he also get a set of wings? Did they get to peek into the cockpit? I bet he was absolutely thrilled!
This last picture is an absolute gem. That's how Dad is...engage the kiddos right away. I LOVE this shot. Send me one, ok?
Stephanie
They didn't get to peek into the cockpit on this flight, but the pilot of the second leg of the trip was going to let them sit in the pilot's chair and take their picture. They didn't do it (too scared). Oh well!
I don't think they give out those wings anymore. I guess when they're charging for meals, pillows and other such things, you cut back on gifts for children who dream about being pilots. Go figure.
Crystal it sounds like you all had a wonderful time! I'm so sorry to hear you had the sniffles. We are glad you all are back though! Love all the pictures, they all turned out great.
Post a Comment