So, here is the scoop: I am scheduled to have surgery Monday afternoon. I don't have a specific time yet. They'll be calling me either tomorrow afternoon or Saturday to give it to me. They want to leave time for anything major that might come in. I'm not allowed to eat or drink anything after midnight. Do you know what that means? NO STARBUCKS in the morning. It'll be a rough day. (Hee hee. Just kidding.)

I am not going to be put out. I was surprised at this news. They will numb my hand in an area around where the tendon nodule is, but I will also have to have an IV in my left hand so that if I get fed up with listening to the procedure, I can nod to the anesthesiologist and have him give me some happy juice! I'm going to ask if I can have my iPod in there. I'm thinking that would be relaxing and distracting. If I can, I'm going to be listening to King of Love by Soundforth. My paperwork says that it should take about two hours from start to finish so that means I would get to listen to it at least twice!
Being the obedient daughter-in-law and wife that I am (ahem!), I did mention to the doctor that I was going to be flying to CO the next day. I asked if that was still okay. He looked at me for a moment and then said, "If it were a major surgery I would say no, but since this is relatively minor, I'll trust you to find a doctor in Denver if something goes wrong." He thanked me for telling him and said that if I hadn't he would have been angry at me if I had just suddenly disappeared after the surgery. He said that he would put in a special stitch so that I wouldn't have to worry about being out of town when the stitches are supposed to come out. So, all that to say, I'm good to still leave for CO on Tuesday. Hooray!
A friend from church has volunteered to watch the kids in the afternoon and also provide us with dinner so that I won't have to cook. Wasn't that sweet? We all know that Taigen is capable of cooking, but she thought that cooking should be the last thing on his mind.
It will be good to get this taken care of. It's not so painful that it is always on my mind, but I can feel it after practicing piano, using the gear-shift in the Honda and when grabbing something hard without thinking. Thank you all so much for your prayers concerning this. I appreciate it more than words can say.
8 comments:
"You done good." I'm not concerned now - my main concern was if you were put totally out. Glad it's gonna be ok...thanks for the update!
I knew if I didn't ask I'd hear no end of it from the both of you! Hee hee. Yes, I'm glad I'm not going to be put out. The surgeon also prescribed some meds that I could probably fly to CO on if the pain gets to severe. That's a comfort.
Ahh, Low-Rider.... You will do fine. I will pray for you before, during and after the procedure. I am going to really miss you while you are gone! I'm already feeling "no joy" at the thought! I do hope you have a wonderful vacation and I will pray that you have no pain or complications while away, just fun and relaxation. "The Frito Bandito"
Thanks Frito! I'm not really worried about this. I got a call this morning confirming the time: 4:00. She said I could bring my iPod too. Hooray!
Thanks for the prayers! You're a gem.
TLR
Crystal, you will be in my prayers. It's definitely not something that I would look forward to either. So, it's to Colorado for vacation, is it? Have a great time!
Yes, we haven't been to see my dad and step-mom since the kids were 2 1/2! We are looking forward to this vacation. It's the first in over a year.
Thanks for the prayers too.
The boys and I will be sure to pray on Monday AND Tuesday. Thanks for the update. Maybe I'll call tomorrow to give you a little "you can do it" pep talk! Hee Hee. Of course, you forgot to tell the doctor that you probably won't need the anesthesiologist... once you see the instruments or the docs in their gowns you'll be out cold. Just tell him not to revive you for 2 hours :-)
Just for the record, it is not doctors that get to me, it is BLOOD and needles that cannot find veins. So, in truth, maybe it WILL be the anesthesiologist that will put me out. He'll probably not be able to find my vein in my left hand. Eeek! Then he'll have to go fishing and that will be the end of things.
Post a Comment