I had acquired some congestion on Monday and by Tuesday night, I had a
stuffy nose. I wasn't complaining during the day, but at night, it apparently caused me to snore. Normally this wouldn't be an issue since Taigen falls asleep the moment he closes his eyes and is an avid snorer (let's just say he's a Joos). But, since we were sharing a room with the kids, it became a problem.Before I proceed with my story, you need to know that my son has an active imagination. It's about as active as Shaylen's, but he is much more fearful. In fact, this plays a huge role on the kind of dreams he has. He has inherited my grandmother's infamous and very realistic dreams. He was dreaming Tuesday night of dragons. Dragons that were growling. Uh huh. You see where this is going. Well, he woke up (in a strange room and in a strange bed) and still heard the dragon's growl and screamed bloody murder. We all woke up, calmed him down and he fell back asleep. I was just dozing off again when he screamed again. This happened until about 3:00 a.m. when Marshall finally realized that it was Mommy snoring and I promptly banished myself to the couch in the family room. Only then did we ALL get a good rest.
4 comments:
Loved Chapter I of this chronicle. Sorry you were sick, but laughed out loud at your snoring episode, although I know it was way NOT funny at the time. Nothing like being awakened by a child's scream...Taigen's getting paybacks! ;o) xo
Oh yeah! This is for 10+ years of me dealing with him. Hee hee! More to come.
Don't forget to mention that the "dream curse" passed directly from Grandmother to you to your son. You used to have some wild dreams: night terrors Steve calls them. Maybe you still do?
Stephanie
Yup...I still get em. But (shhhh) nightlights have cut them down considerably.
Post a Comment