Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Seattle Vacation Part IX- Relaxation and Sweet Treats

Taigen was able to meet Brett for golf today. I personally think it was a re-match, but we'll let the guys decide that. Chris had to work so it was only a twosome until Ralph was able to join them on the 7th hole.

Sherry, the kids and I went over to Great Grandma Rutledge's in the morning. We got the kids all ready to go outside and play in the pool. Their swimsuits were on and they had already been outside checking out any new spider webs on Great Grandma Rutledge's deck (Why this fascinates them, I don't know, but Marshall loves taking sticks and "killing the webs").

Then it happened. They were exploring inside when someone mentioned watching TV! Great Grandma Rutledge had Lady and the Tramp so it was decided that they could relax and enjoy this special treat! They were mesmerized the ginormous television and oohed by the surround sound (okay...at least I was!)

When Aunt Karen got done with some of her work for the day, she asked if the kids and I could join her for a quick trip to her favorite candy store that's located in Edmonds. How could I say "no"?

I think at first it was overwhelming for them since there was a ton to choose from. Then they realized that they could really choose something for their own to take home. What delight! We picked out some for Taigen and Karen was sure to find something for Chris and Brett (otherwise they might not have let her into the house that night).

Marshall picked out lemon drops (he's never had them before but obviously thought they looked good) and Shaylen picked out these sugar coated chocolate balls (I'd compare them to small M&M's). What a great memory for the kids.
After our brief visit to the candy store, Karen took us down to the Edmond's beach and let the kids watch the fish again and play on the playground. We heard from the guys as they were finishing up golf so we headed back to Great Grandma Rutledge's in order to plan for dinner. Great Grandma was having a Bible study at her home tonight so we waited around a bit until her ladies showed up so that Grandma could show off her great grandkids. They were delighted to finally see these kids in person.


Dinner was a special treat at Red Lobster's (complements of Sherry) with Ralph, Brett, Taigen, Sherry, the kids and me. Taigen took the kids home with Sherry and I trekked over to Ralph and Karen's to check email and then drive home later. It had been a full but great day.

No comments: