Probably the biggest change was that Taigen became the pastor of Heritage Baptist Church in Dover, NH at the end of July. I'd send you to the website, but it has not been changed in almost a year! (That's on Taigen's "to-do" list.) We were able to start down in Dover at the end of August and have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know all of our dear church people. Taigen is doing a fabulous job and I throughly enjoy being under his preaching. He loves what he is doing and is very good at it. He was able to get in some rounds of golf this year and even helped organize The Heritage Classic at our church. Mr. Bowman was gracious in coming down to play with him and probably was a key part in their foursome winning! (Surprise, Surprise!)

The kids are growing and talking and are busy little people. They turned four earlier this month and are eager for Christmas. We are definitely going to have fun this year. It has been so much fun preparing for it with two good helpers. You will find their happy faces plastered all over this blog and it won't take much reading for you to realize they say and do the most hilarious things! It keeps us entertained and on our toes.
I am still a "stay at home mommy". Of course that means cooking and cleaning (more so lately because our house is on the market) and taking care of my favorite kids. I took on a bigger piano role at Heritage and am now accompanying the choir & most of the special music, offertories and of course, congregational hymnplaying. I am thankful that this is stretching me and making me a better pianist, but I have to be honest and say I don't enjoy all the practice time. Probably sounds like some of your kids, eh? I was able to start a Sunday School song time for the kids and also a children's choir. This is one of my favorite ministries at the church. Most recently, I've become the church secretary, so my new boss is Taigen. How nice! Thankfully, I get to do the majority of my work from home. Flash drives and laptops are wonderful inventions.
God has been overwhelmingly good to us. We have so much to be thankful for this year, primarily for our salvation through Jesus Christ. His priceless gift is one that we should never take for granted.
Merry Christmas with much love from our family to yours.
No comments:
Post a Comment