Kids grow so quickly. It seems that no sooner do I pull out outfits that have been given or handed down to them, wash them, hang them up in their closets that I realize that they have outgrown them or are close to outgrowing them. It can be very frustrating at times! I think, "This was just purchased for them!" I'm sure you moms can relate with me, right?We have a wonderful young lady in our church who sews. She is launching out into her own business and wondered if Shaylen could play model/first customer. She had some patterns that she recommended that were nice and long. The dresses will be sewn slightly larger with a tie in the back and with a longer hem so that when Shaylen grows, we can let it "out" and down in hopes of getting more life out of the dress.
Last week I went over to their house so that she could try her work thus far on Shaylen and make some adjustments. The dresses looked beautiful. She has really done a great job. In return, I offered to take some pictures of her for her senior portraits. I know, I know, I'm not a professional, but we sure had fun tromping through the woods, sitting in dew-laden grass and convincing a stubborn horse to come and pose for the picture. Hopefully there were some photos in the mix that they could use to send to family.I'm so thankful to have this wonderful young lady (along with many other young ladies) in our church. Her ministry to Shaylen (and therefore me) has been a blessing.

2 comments:
Thank you Crystal.
You are a blessings to us. We love the pictures. They are wonderful!!
The pictures turned out wonderful! I love the one with Scooter. So pretty. Cornito the professional photographer!
Post a Comment