Monday, May 24, 2010

New Friends and Old Friends

Several weeks ago (so sorry that I'm just now getting around to posting about this!) we had special meetings with Todd and Krista Sivnksty. Krista and I grew up together in CO and have many, many great memories tucked under our belts. This is the first time that they have been to Heritage and also the first time that our kids have ever met.

We had a wonderful week of services. It was such a blessing to spend time with them. The first week they were here, both Krista and I were doing school with our children, so we didn't get to do a whole bunch of stuff together. They were able to come over for a meal or two and we also helped Krista celebrate her 29th birthday (29, plus tax). The kids really enjoyed playing with Cameron and Ivy.

We were fortunate to get a second week with them. Instead of driving all the way back down South, they were able to park at the church and stay in New England until they had to drive to MI for their next set of meetings. This allowed us more time to reminisce and enjoy the time without rushing around. Todd and Taigen went golfing, Krista and I went out to dinner and chatted for well, um, quite a while. Krista and I took the kids to the beach one day and we then enjoyed pizza in their trailer the night before they left. I felt like I got a great shot in the arm from them. What a blessing good friends are!

No comments: