Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My Favorite Kind of Math Equation

What do you get when you subtract television, add some great books (both audio and softbound), a pile of legos, a lego man, a Lincoln Log cowboy, two ginormous couch pillows, a dozen or so stuffed animals, a canvas storage bin and a cute little boy with a wonderful imagination? You get Marshall who entertained himself this way (see video below) for at least an hour yesterday afternoon while I worked on my devotional for this weekend's ladies' banquet down in CT.

I've talked before about how they play independently like this and provide a running commentary on what is taking place. I hear snippets of their books in their conversations, but I've never caught it on video. Sorry it's a little shaky, but I was trying to hide behind a corner so that he wouldn't see me, get embarrassed and stop.

And where was Shaylen during all of this? Lounging on the couch devouring an entire chapter book in a single afternoon (Tommy's Rocket by Sharon Hambrick, 83 pages, published by Journeyforth Books).

I love my kids!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marshall looks like he is having a great time. We bought that series for Isaiah to read. He is starting to read some library books he gets from the library. He likes Mr. Putter series by Cyntia Rylant.

js said...

So adorable! Here, here for imagination at work!!!! :) I still remember making up stories and songs as a kid instead of watching TV. Good memories! :) Thanks for sharing. Love those two big kids!!! :)