Just like last year, we promised the kids that when the school year ended, we would all go out to Friendly's for ice cream. The kids looked forward to Friendly's with great anticipation. When we finished up with our academic testing at the beginning of May, the kids
expected to go out that night, but we had a busy, busy week. We finally were able to go and reward their hard efforts Monday of last week.Marshall and Shaylen loo
ked at the menu in hopes of snagging the biggest ice cream amount possible. I think Taigen did the same because when his came along with the kids' our eyes popped. (Taigen must think that it takes a great deal of work to be school superintendent, because he rewarded himself accordingly. Tee hee!)
Marshall and Shaylen's teacher/principal (i.e. ME) was rewarded with a peanut butter cup and vanilla ice cream blend that was tremendous.And how did they really do this year? Well, they both got straight A's...and I'm not just saying that. They earned them.
We're so proud of Marshall and Shaylen and all of the diligence that they poured into their first grade year. They are honestly and truly a joy to homeschool.

1 comment:
Straight A's.....I'm sooooo proud of you both. I know you worked hard for them. Happy 2nd Grade!
And congrats to your spectacular teacher, too! ;o)
xo Grandma Sherry
Post a Comment