Tuesday was scheduled to have 90+ degree weather. Our air conditioning units weren't in the windows as it almost goes against our grain to put them in before Memorial Day. You could say it's our rule of thumb in order to try and save money.
My good friends Amy and Wendy invited me to join them & their kids on the beach so that we could escape the heat and stuffiness of our house. I took them up on their offer and am ever so thankful that I did.I packed lunches for Marshall, Shaylen and myself along with lots of water, sunscreen and a huge beach umbrella that Taigen had
bought to keep us out of the scorching sun. Even getting out of the house and into Amy's van was a relief. Her air conditioning felt really nice.Amy has a fancy-schmancy van that tells her what the temperature is outside. As we neared the coast we watched the temperature drop. When we pulled up in the parking lot, the temperature read 67 degrees.
We thought it was wrong, but when we stepped outside the van, we felt the wonderful sea breeze. It felt so good.The kids enjoyed jumping in the waves, digging in the sand, experimenting with boogie-boarding and picnicking on the beach. I enjoyed the conversation and laughter all while digging my feet in the sand & sipping my raspberry iced tea beneath the shade of my beach umbrella. This is the life. Too bad life & reality eventually call, right? I could've stayed there all day.
No comments:
Post a Comment