Monday, March 1, 2010

Grape-Aid

Taigen had the opportunity to preach at a retreat up in Maine the weekend of the Big Storm. He was gone Thursday afternoon through Saturday morning. Convenient, eh? So, basically, the kids and I weathered the storm ALONE. That's no electricity, up to 90 mph winds, rain, flooding and trees being toppled. No worries, I had Big Bertha beside me, candles, lots and lots of blankets to keep warm and a charged cell phone.

On Saturday, after a warm shower and a mug of hot coffee, the kids and I drove up to Falmouth to see our good friends the Gauthiers. We were going to crash at their house and enjoy lunch and dinner with them. Taigen was going to meet us there.

The Gauthiers were still without power, but they did have a generator. We enjoyed letting the kids play with each other while the rest of us kicked back and enjoyed each other's fellowship.

For lunch we enjoyed grilled ham, cheese and tomato sandwiches done just so by Susan. Whatever she cooks is a delectable delight. There was also fruit and chocolate covered pretzels. Yum! After the kids had started munching on their lunch and the adults sat down to enjoy theirs, one of the Gauthier kiddos came up to me with Shaylen and said, "I think Shaylen's tooth came out." I looked, and sure enough, the tooth was gone. I told Shaylen not to swallow. (Remember, Marshall's first loose tooth had been consumed with a side of burrito!) She spit out her grape into a paper towel. There nestled between bits of squished grape was Shaylen's itty bitty tooth. Hooray! It came out and Mommy didn't have to go through the agony of pulling it!

Shaylen was embarrassed to be the center of all the attention, but was oh, so happy to have it out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Too cute! I love kiddos with toothless grins! I miss that. Glad she didn't swallow it.