It seems odd that it's mid-March and there is only a very small, itty-bitty, minute chunk of snow left on our entire property. Maybe "odd" isn't the right word. Maybe "sad" should be substituted instead. I think I prefer the feet upon feet of snow slowly defrosting well into April. I remember having the kids change out of their spring-y Easter outfits into snow gear in order to sled in our friends' yard our first Easter down here.
The kids haven't seemed to mind the warmer weather though. We went outside this week and played Pick Up Sticks. No, not the game with the multi-colored oversized toothpicks. We picked up the majority of the sticks and pinecones that had gotten blown down into our yard after the big storm. I raked the leaves out of the flower beds and trimmed down my clematis vine to prepare it for growth this year. Taigen took the Christmas lights down from our front trees.
After we were done working we decided to go exploring in the back woods to check out all the big pine trees that had been blown over. It's amazing how the winds just snapped trees in two!We were able to get the kids' bicycles down from the garage. Marshall was concerned that he might not remember how to ride it, but of course he did. I think Shaylen is considering taking those training wheels off and giving it a go once again, but not quite yet. Maybe when things warm up a bit more.
No comments:
Post a Comment