Last night and today we were refreshed with a special time around God's Word and good friends at Trinity Baptist Church's annual Pastors & Wives' Dinner (Friday night) and Leadership Conference (today). It was a great meeting this year. We were especially excited because we were going to be able to reconnect with Mike and Mark Herbster and their older brother Matt. Matt and Julie Herbster (from the Wild's Christian Camp) were up from NC. Mike & Amy (the piano playing Amy...sorry that's the only way some of you can tell them apart as you read this) and Mark flew all the way out to NH from California where they are getting ready to hold meetings in San Leandro. What a treat!The three guys did a sacred concert and all five of the Herbsters held workshops today. I only had two regrets: One, that Mark's Amy couldn't be here as well, and secondly, that I couldn't listen to each of their workshops. I cannot say enough how much our week of meetings with Mark, Mike and their families meant to me. It was a great shot in the arm.
Marshall and Shaylen stayed at home with our friends, the O'Lones. I can officially say that they were spoiled rotten. I'm wondering who had more fun: Daniel & Elisabeth or the kids. Seems like they stayed busy and enjoyed each other's company.
No comments:
Post a Comment