Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I Won't Grow Up! But Just In Case...

The kids have been talking for quite some time about what they want to be when they grow up. I bet each and every one of you know what Marshall wants to be. Even if you've only read this blog for a short amount of time, you know. Our church found out quickly too. Yes, Marshall wants to be a pilot. He rarely varies from that though I have heard him say once that he would be an organist and once a pastor like Daddy, but he always comes back to his airplanes. This day's composition reads "When I am grown up I will be a pilot. I will fly a Boeing 707."

Shaylen has longed for piano lessons for quite some time. She loved helping me turn pages when I was still playing for the choir. Shaylen watched Mrs. Amy (Beaver) Herbster with amazement when she played the piano. Imagine playing without any music! That motivated her even more. Shaylen's composition says, "I want to be a pianist when I grow up. I'm sure it will be fun. I know I'll like it." We're hoping to start them both this coming fall. We'll see if she still thinks it is "fun" then. I'm sure hoping so.

No comments: