It's so rare that I get to pull off a big surprise on anyone. However, this week I did...on seven people with a bit of help.
It's been in the works for months. Taigen, Dad, Cathy and I had worked it out that the kids and I would fly out to Colorado and surprise my sister and her four boys when they were out visiting from Alaska. I hadn't seen them in four years and have never met the youngest, Ethan.
I have to give credit where credit is due however. I originally told Dad that there was no way we could make another trip to CO since we had just been here in Oct. Taigen had his own plans though and surprised me in January with the news. He had already booked tickets to make this all happen. Isn't he grand?
Since it was going to be a surprise on Steph and the boys, we did not tell Marshall and Shaylen because they would most definitely spill the beans. They knew a big surprise was in the works, but had no clue. We told them Monday morning. Uh huh...yesterday! They got really excited very fast.
We flew out from NH at 4:10 and got in to the house at about 9:30. Steph had just finished putting the boys in bed. When she marched up the stairs and saw the three of us standing there, she started crying! No surprise there. Needless to say, she got the boys up so they could enjoy the surprise too.
We're having a great time. The weather is perfect and we're enjoying ourselves immensely. The photos will come later, I promise. Thanks Taigen for making this trip possible. I love you.
2 comments:
You have me crying as I read this. What a great surprise! :) Enjoy your time together. -Space
AWESOME!!!! Love you. Can't wait 2 C U.
xo
Post a Comment