Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Time for Goodbyes

Monday night I packed as much as I could and got ready for today. I loathe goodbyes. I wanted to be able to leisurely hug and snuggle and reiterate how much I love my family.

Dad took us to the airport. He was going to hang around a bit since my brother in law was flying in at 11:30. I was going to miss him by 10 minutes!!! Bummer. We sat and chatted and then when it was time, Dad waited and waved and signed "I love you" as we went through security. That's always a tear-jerker!

It was such a memorable trip and we had a great time. I'm so thankful to my dear husband for making this trip possible and for Dad and Cathy who thought of the thing in the first place.

One last airplane note: the pilot on this last flight into Detroit was especially kind and took the time to show Marshall buttons and let him turn on some things. Then, as I was snapping up photos, he took off his captain's hat and placed it on Marshall's head. You would have thought he had handed Marshall the moon!

No comments: