Sunday, May 24, 2009

Time With Dear Friends

On Sunday, Taigen had the opportunity to teach Sunday school, sing in the morning service as well as preach both Sunday morning and Sunday night in his home church. Too bad it wasn't a "Pack-A-Pew" Sunday. If it had been, we would have won some prize because we had almost two rows filled.

After the morning service we went over to Grandma Rutledge's and enjoyed rotisserie chicken, potato salad, baked beans, homemade guacamole (Aunt Karen LOVES me) and a plethora of other great food. Everyone descended upon the house so it was good to sit and chat with everyone and relax before the evening service. I love the four-generation photo we got today. Isn't it priceless?

We had to say good-bye to my dear prayer-warrior friend, Marie Dorsett and her daughters after the evening service. They were going to be taking off Monday morning and this would be the last we would see them this vacation. I was so thankful that she was able to come up to WA in order to meet the twins and see Taigen and me. Her daughters Pam and Ronnie are delightful to talk with and I felt as if I've known them my whole life. Marie is a faithful reader of this blog and a sweet gem of a lady. I wish you all could know her. The kids enjoyed adding one more member ("G.G.") to our family.

We were able to go over to the Jorgensen's house after the evening service and spend some time with friends. The conversation was very good and the kids enjoyed playing up in the walk-up loft with their new friends. We are so thankful for the faithful prayers and encouragement of those who have known us for years. They are truly iron-sharpening friends.

No comments: