Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

God has blessed me with many wonderful mothers. I have my Mom, my step-mom, my mother in law and Taigen's grandma. All are such a blessing, an encouragement and a wonderful support net for us. How many ladies do you know who love all of the mothers in their life? Many may love one or two, but all? It's rare. See why I say I am blessed?

This Mother's Day was the first ever that I got to spend with my step-mom, Cathy. She works day in and day out and never thinks of herself. I wanted to do something special for her. I asked (okay...actually I told) her if I could make dinner on Sunday. I thought, "How often does she get a day off? Probably next to never!" I had brought along the infamous Power Ball (meatballs) recipe from our church (credit to Christine Powers). I doubled it and invited Andrew & Jamie and their kids too. So, we had spaghetti and meatballs, cheese-filled tortellini with pesto, garlic bread, veggies left over from yesterday's family gathering and dessert that Cathy had made. It was a feast! Stephanie and I did dishes and Jamie helped clear everything up. I know Cathy still did some things, but hopefully it gave her a little bit of a break.

Cathy took the kids outside with some awesome bubble wands afterwards and let them have a bunch of fun. I grabbed my camera and snapped up a few gems for you to enjoy.

More to come!

1 comment:

js said...

Oh! Look how big those boys are! I can't believe it.