Thursday, May 7, 2009

Reuniting With Old Friends

Thursday was spent at home. I'm sure we swept a bucket of sand out of the dining room and a plateful of crumbs out of the dining room. Having seven children around (Jared, Caleb, Marshall, Shaylen, Colton, David & Ethan) sure does lend itself to large messes! And surely Cathy did a few hundred loads of laundry today too. I kid her that she is the Laundry Queen. Turn around and that shirt you just dirtied and placed in the hamper is washed, dried, folded and placed on your bed. She's amazing!

Stephanie went out and earned major brownie points by pushing Marshall and Shaylen on the swings. She tried to teach them how to pump their legs, but I'm not sure how successful she was. I, on the other hand, tossed a football around with my oldest nephew, Jared. During Ethan's naptime, we quieted the older kids down by having Story Hour with Auntie Steph. Whew! It put a lid on all the noise and allowed us to catch our breath!

This evening, two of Dad and Cathy's good friends came for homemade Mexican food: burritos smothered in pork green chile. It is SO good. I've known Art for as long as I can remember and it was wonderful to see him again. I think the last time I saw him I was about 9. His wife, Linda is a sweetie and I enjoyed meeting her immensely. There was so much laughter at the dinner table! It's so good to spend time with old friends (and yes, Artie, I mean old as in length of time AND age!).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What no doggie bag for me, your Frito Bandito??? Sounds wonderful!