Friday, September 5, 2008

The Verdict Is In

I went to the hand specialist this morning to discuss the lump in my hand. He took one feel and said, "Yup, it is definitely still there." Of course he eventually gave me the decision of what to do, but his choices were to inject it again or to have it surgically removed. He was puzzled that it was still there! He said the likelihood of him missing it the first time was slim. (I reminded him that the nurses had told me he had done six earlier in the day that I had been in.) But he also said that the likelihood of it coming back after injection was slim too. He was leaning toward the surgery. I could tell because he said, "I'd hate to keep harpooning you..."

Soooo, my surgery is scheduled for October 13th. I purposely scheduled it on this date. We leave for our Colorado vacation the very next day and a lady in our church has been graciously willing to play piano for me while we're gone. I didn't want to add more to her plate by having to ask her to cover for me twice!

The good news is, I didn't faint in the doctor's office today AND the doctor said that this would take care of things. Thank you for your continued prayers.

3 comments:

js said...

Hope all goes well! Glad you are getting it taken care of. Good job on not fainting too. :)

Jess and Matt said...

Yay to not fainting!! I'm sure you will do just fine but you will be in our prayers just the same!

Unknown said...

Ouch, sorry to hear your hand is still having probs. I will pray for you and your nerves with the impending surgery. Poor Bandito.