Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Weekend Church Picnic

Greetings all! I hope you had a wonderful and relaxing Labor Day. We sure did. I am basking in the joy of having family here! Yes, Ralph and Karen are finally here from Washington. I don't think I've laughed this hard in so long. I'll post more about their visit later.

I wanted to let you know that we had a terrific time with our church family on Saturday. We had about 56 people here at the house. The weather was perfect the whole day, the kids were running in and out and having a great time with their friends and the adults were enjoying the extended period of time to just sit, relax and have a great time of fellowship. The guys whipped out the basketballs and horseshoes and had a couple of "friendly" games. A couple of ladies got in on the horseshoe action, but I'll be gracious and not post the pics! (I want them to continue being my friends. Hee hee!)

We thoroughly enjoyed having everyone over to the house. We are so thankful to have had the opportunity to host this.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for not posting my "grannie" technique of horseshoes! It was a really fun time. Thanks for your willingness to serve.