The first day Sherry was here she pulled out a few gifts for us. Marshall got a purple Washington Huskies hat that looks just like Daddy's. It looked so good and fit so well! With all the talk about the great hat, Shaylen said, "I would like a pink hat,
Around lunch time, we called Taigen and he was able to meet us at *GASP* Ol' McDonald's. Whoa! Two days in a row! And guess what? The kids ordered...drum roll please: French Fries and Chicken! They got two additional toys from the Wizard of Oz collection so now the conversation goes four ways when riding in the van. Grandma Sherry is learning awfully quick that it doesn't take much to please the kids. Soon, she'll have them wrapped around her little finger, right where she wants them.
After lunch we went to the grocery store and got a few things for dinner. The brownie points earned at Shaw's were M&M's for all of us AND she also allowed the kids to each pick out the kind of ice cream they wanted. The kids carried those half-gallons around until we got to the check-out counter! They were so excited. Sherry made us all homemade spaghetti that was terrific and Taigen (with the kid's help) made cookies.
It was a busy day and they were tuckered out, but we're enjoying the memories that are being made.
2 comments:
Um, I hope you are giving them about 4 servings of vegetables at dinner. Otherwise they are going to have serious stomach issues which I am glad I won't be present for. :)
You're not kidding! I can promise you there have not been enough veggies. Hopefully there won't be major issues.
Post a Comment