Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Grandma Time

You can tell that Grandma Sherry is experienced with kids. She knows of some interactive websites that the kids can learn from. They know now that they can go up to her when she is checking her email and ask her if they can watch the special video. She could keep them occupied for hours!

I mentioned in a previous post that she had found Shaylen a pink hat like Marshall's Washington Huskies hat. She wears it almost as much as Marshall wears his (so they have continual hat head). Last night she was in an aggressive baseball mood and was having a ball (like my pun?) playing catch with Daddy. Hitting it was almost out of the question. Maybe you remember the video from a long time ago that showed off her pitching form? It hasn't changed much, but she still looks ever so cute.

Yesterday Taigen took Sherry and Shaylen up to Portland so that Sherry could see Brenda Bowman, Lois Champlin and Mama Mac (Eunice McIlwaine). Our van broke down on the way to church Sunday night so they had to take the Civic (which only seats 4). I stayed at home with Marshall for some one-on-one time. I think it was good for him to have some down time even though we would have loved to have seen everyone up "north". Hopefully the van will get fixed soon!

Last night when they got home, Taigen experimented with a new BBQ recipe from a cookbook that Jason and Joni, Enzo and Julia gave him for his birthday. He grilled hamburgers with a special sauce. They turned out sooo good that I think he'll have to do it again. Marshall helped Grandma Sherry shuck corn and wash it off. I got this cute picture of them working together. The kids finished off their picture frames that they were working on with Sherry so I'll have to get pictures of those here in the near future. They turned out so nice.

We are having so much fun! More pictures to come.

No comments: