Friday, August 29, 2008

Special Guests and Special Shots

We were delighted when Joni called this past week and asked if she and the kids could stay here for a night en route to Maine for a nice long weekend. Of course she can stay! Too bad she couldn't bring Jason too. We always have a great time with them. It seems like we always are wishing we lived closer so we could spend more time together.

We emailed Janelle to let her know about it. Janelle had been wanting pictures of all of the kids with her before she took off for Zambia. Our thought was to try some out on the front lawn with my camera and if those don't work out, go to The Picture People. We think they turned out pretty good, but I'll let you be the judge. Here are the group shots: But of course, I had to take some with Janelle and Marshall and Shaylen too!We had a great time. Joni and I stayed up late talking about various and sundry things and then enjoyed a relaxing morning together (well, as relaxing as chasing and cleaning up after four kids can be!) while Taigen worked out in the yard. (Poor guy! He had to cut down branches that had been over taken by caterpillars. Ewww! They were quickly destroyed. Double Ewwww!)

This afternoon and tonight we've gotten ready for our church Labor Day Picnic that we're hosting here at our home. We are looking forward to it and should have about 53 of our church people coming over. It will be a great time! I'll try to take and post some pictures when I can.

These are busy times, but we love the time spent with friends.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWWW!!!!! How adorable!!!!

I want some hugs too!!!!!
Aunt Stephanie

The Coffee Press said...

Come on out! December is looking free.

Hugs are being sent your way.

Anonymous said...

Crystal, you could be a professional photographer! Several people have said so! These pics are absolutely darling! They're all keepers.

xo Grandma Sherry

Becbud said...

I don't think you need to worry about a visit to P.P. Those turned out great!!!

The Coffee Press said...

Thanks! It's amazing what software can do. Praise the Lord for the great news about your church Becca!

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos, I don't think Julia likes having her photo done. =) The kids are growing up so fast, its hard to believe that Isaiah may be starting school next September.

Jess and Matt said...

Who doesn't love Auntie Janelle?? It is great that you guys were able to make this happen before she leaves! I know it meant a lot to her :) The kids are growing so fast!!!