During the summer Cornerstone Baptist Church in Scarborough moves their mid-week service to Tuesdays and invites a New England pastor to speak. CBC faithfully prays for a different New England ministry every Wednesday and this allows the church people to get to know those they are praying for. This past Tuesday, Pastor Endean invited Taigen to come and speak. He was honored to be asked.
It is always so neat to go back and see our friends. Many of them read this blog (howdy folks!), so they know what is going on in our lives, but it is still nice to get hugs and see them face to face. The only problem is that I don't get to have a lengthy conversation with each one of them. Hopefully (hint, hint) they will stop by when they are down in the area. Kittery, ME has some great outlets that I know they hit from time to time. We're not that far from there.
Marshall and Shaylen always love seeing their "old" friends and it didn't take them long to get reacquainted. They promptly make themselves at home after the service by being silly, playing hide-and-seek, and make believe with some new stuffed animals.
Pastor Endean and his family took us to Tim Hortons after the service and it was great to sit back and enjoy a casual conversation with them. Katelyn sat with Marshall and Shaylen. They LOVE her. She allowed them to take pictures with her digital camera and then she colored with them. When we stepped outside, Judy Endean noticed a huge moth. It was honestly the biggest moth I've ever seen. Tim caught it (some kids never change Hee hee!) and showed it to the kids. Marshall and Shaylen thought he was so brave! When he let it go, it landed in Judy's hair and seemed quite content to stay there, but Judy was NOT! That was really funny to Marshall and Shaylen! They were still giggling about it yesterday.
It was a late night and we were tired, but it was a night full of good conversation and definitely worth the journey.
3 comments:
It was nice to have you there. I am giggling as imagine the moth scene. I am sorry I missed that. :)
I can just imagine the look on Judy's face when the moth landed in her hair. It reminds me of your spider stories. =)At least she did not sit on a bee like I did one summer.
Judy did yelp a bit, but remained calmer than I would have!
Post a Comment