Monday, July 7, 2008

My Birthday Cake

Janelle was down from Wednesday through Saturday morning and we had a great time! One of the things she did while she was down here was spoil me by making me an ice cream sandwich birthday cake. It was awesome! It is something very easy and cool for those hot summer days or when you're serving people who love ice cream!

Here's how you make it.
You'll need:
16 ice cream sandwiches
Large tub of Cool Whip (16oz)
Chocolate syrup
Some form of candy for the top (we used M&M's since they are my favorite)
8x11.5 casserole dish

First you place one layer of ice cream sandwiches in the bottom (it took 6 full ones and 1 cut in half long-ways).
Spread Cool whip over these and then drizzle the chocolate syrup over that.
Then layer remaining sandwiches (8) on top of that. You'll have to cut some to make the puzzle fit.

Spread remaining Cool Whip on top and then sprinkle your candy of choice on the top. (We thought it would be good to use the peanut butter sauce in the middle and then either Reeses' Peanut Butter cups (chopped) or Reese's Pieces. Wouldn't that be good?)

As you can see, Marshall and Shaylen loved it! I'm thinking we will definitely make this one again.

8 comments:

Matt Liz Smith said...

Funny that you should post about an ice cream sandwich cake. I found a recipe for one the other day and didn't know if it would be good or not. Hmmmm....now I know! Can't wait to try it.

The Coffee Press said...

I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Warning: It is yummy and could be addicting.

Anonymous said...

My favorite ice cream anything is the ice cream sandwich. Can't WAIT to try this one out!

Stephanie

The Coffee Press said...

Let me know what the fam thinks. The next time we're trying this, we're going to use the Peanut Butter sauce and PB cups. Yum!

Anonymous said...

Yum about all of this! I will definitely try the ice cream sandwich cake! :) You need to compile and print a cookbook. I'd buy it!
-space

The Coffee Press said...

You're too sweet. I need to email you a couple of recipes anyway that we had talked about.

Miss you guys already!

Anonymous said...

Miss you, too. We pulled out the wedding video last night (bc of anniv. July 10) and were showing the kids some highlights including our dear friends who sang a duet. :)

Made the ice cream sandwich dessert this weekend with a pb drizzle and some kind of crunchy Reese's candy bar on top. It was a hit! And so easy! -space

The Coffee Press said...

I'm so glad you liked it and it was a hit. Happy Anniversary...a little late.

Love you guys!