Thursday, July 17, 2008

Future BJU Ministry Team Members

Many of you know that Taigen traveled twice for Bob Jones University on their ministry teams; a music team and then a drama team. I traveled once on a musical ministry team. After we were married the university asked us if we would lead out teams for a year. We took out three musical ministry teams to the Central, Mid-West and Western United States. It was the opportunity of a lifetime. In the past we've always talked about how wonderful it would be if our kids would be able to do that. How neat would that be for them to serve the Lord in music alongside one another? Could we instill in our children a love of music and have them serve in the same capacity we did while in college? You can't plan your kids' futures, but it would be the opportunity of a lifetime. We mentioned this again last night as we were driving home from church and the kids were singing in the van.

BJU puts out a new recording every spring during their annual Bible Conference and this past year's recording was tops! It is called King of Love and it was produced by Dan Forrest (a phenomenal composer/arranger and excellent pianist) and directed by Dr. Warren Cook (conductor/teacher extraordinaire and one of my favorite professors). This recording is probably the best I have heard from BJU and we play it all the time. Marshall and Shaylen love track number 6, "How Marvelous Are the Works of the Lord" and they sing it at the top of their lungs when we have it playing in the car. This morning I put it in our kitchen CD player and caught the end of the song on tape.

It makes our hearts glad to know they eagerly sing praise to the King of Kings. We hope it is a lifelong practice.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you, Shaylen and Marshall. I can't wait until you learn harmony, Shaylen, because I think you're going to be an alto (and altos don't need to hit those super high notes)!!!! I LOVE hearing you two sing, especially songs of praise.

xo Grandma

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful singing pair! It brought tears to my eyes to hear them sing. :)

I love that song, too. It's so full of joy! -space

Anonymous said...

I'll be watching for the Joos family ministry team in a few years...your first stop is in NC. -space ;)

The Coffee Press said...

Maybe they will travel with another musical pair that I know and love. We'll have to request a Southern team the first time and a NE team the next. Hee hee. Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

David was especially pleased to see this clip because that is one of his favorite songs too!!! In fact as I played this clip he was mouthing the words.

Marshall and Shaylen are just toooooooo cute. I want to eat them up. Give them hugs and kisses from me.
Stephanie