
Kindergarten is just around the corner for Marshall and Shaylen and I've been slowly getting ready. I've ordered the curriculum, desks and chairs and some office supplies in order to keep me organized and sane during their educational process! This past week I went out and bought a few smaller items that they would need this fall: scissors, glue sticks and notebooks.
When Dad and Cathy sent my birthday gift a

couple of weeks ago, they included a couple of workbooks for the kids. One of those was a workbook devoted in its entirety to cutting and pasting. We've never done anything like that so I wanted to see just how ready they were.
We had so much fun "doing school" yesterday. We did lots and lots of worksheets, but their favorite was the cutting and pasting. They did three worksheets of those, but they had a blast laughing over a gorilla and pig that they had to do. It involved cutting out the eyes, nose (snout) and mouth and

then pasting them on. Marshall, who tends to do better with his fine motor skills, quickly snipped away and had it done. Shaylen, who is stronger with language (reading and spelling), got frustrated and cried a bit ("I can't do this!"), but finished with a smile.
We've been plugging away at different Pre-K workbooks this year (with a brief respite during our move and adjustment to HBC) and I'm excited to know that they are ready. School starts in about a month!
4 comments:
I love their serious working faces. Too cute! :) Great job Marshall and Shaylen.
I know, that's why I snapped a pic. I was laughing inside about it. They did three more papers today. Sooooo good.
These are absolutely adorable. I am starting to do worksheets with Isaiah for his letters and numbers. He loves to work on them in the car.
Neat cut & paste book...there are cool books for everything! The creatures turned out great! -space
Post a Comment