A while back Pastor Endean asked us if we would be willing to provide the music for the New England Association of Christian Schools Teacher's Convention. We were very surprised and honored that they would ask and said "yes!" This involved singing one or two pieces for each general session...probably the most we've ever sung together since our college days.
On Wednesday night, we handed off Marshall and Shaylen to Scott & Amy Meroff for our two night/two day getaway. The twins were ecstatic! They would spend Wednesday night, Thursday and Thursday night at the Meroffs and Friday at our friends, the Dustins. It was wonderful to go away knowing that the kids were in good hands and would have a blast in the meantime.
The convention was really good. I got to see friends that I haven't seen since college! Even though the convention was for Christian school teachers, there were several great sessions that I got to sit in on. Fortunately for Taigen, he was able to study in between general sessions up in our hotel room so that his two days away weren't completely study-free and he would be swamped today in preparation for Sunday.
(The picture on the left was the one we provided to NEACS for our write-up in the booklet. I think it was the first time we had to do an official bio on ourselves. I was tempted to put "pastor's wife, mom, homeschool teacher." I had a feeling that's NOT what they were looking for.)

No comments:
Post a Comment