Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Time Flying By

May I say that time has flown since last Wednesday? And can you believe that this Sunday marks the end of October? Christmas decorations are already out in stores and soon I'll be baking for Thanksgiving!

On Saturday, the kids and I piled into the van and headed down to Jason and Joni's for Enzo's sixth birthday mini-party. Since we needed to get back early Saturday evening in order to be ready for church Sunday, we went down early and caught his soccer game. This kid is good. Either that or he was just excited that we were there to watch him play his game. Regardless, he did a great job. I got to talking so I have no clue who won, but Enzo enjoyed doing his part.

We came back and ate lunch. The kids played hard and then we celebrated by digging into a birthday cookie that Joni had made and decorated. We wouldn't be there for the official party that night, so Joni had made two cookies: one to celebrate with us and one to celebrate with the rest of the gang that was coming that night. Wasn't that sweet?

Jason and Joni are somewhat in a limbo situation. Their house was under contract and ready to close on when the potential buyer backed out due to financing. So, 75% of their stuff is packed up. This was made very evident when they went to light Enzo's candle. There were no matches and no butane lighters. Jason pulled out a small blow torch. It was so funny to see. When we started singing, Joni accidentally blew out the candle so Jason had to pull out the torch again to re-light it. I laughed so hard. You had to be there. Anyway, we're praying for the sale of Jason and Joni's house. This needs to happen soon too. Why? Well, I am SO thankful to say that Jason applied for and received a really great research-y, biology, science-y type job right in DOVER!!! He starts next week, so there is a sense of urgency. Would you pray with me about this? We are eager to have them near.

This past Monday night and Tuesday, we headed up to Maine for the FBF Regional Conference. The theme for this conference was Spiritual Discernment in Worship and Music. Dr. Mark Minnick was the keynote speaker. He was our pastor while we were down at BJU and we enjoyed learning under him so much. It was great to see him again. Taigen and I were able to sing Monday night and Tuesday morning, and then Taigen sang a solo on Tuesday afternoon. I was given the opportunity to speak for a ladies' session and I enjoyed the study that this involved. The kids stayed with our friends, the Gauthiers during the day, so they were able to play with friends, get spoiled by Sue's great cooking and join us for the evening service on Tuesday. It was a busy two days, but worth every bit of it. I felt like I was eating steak while listening to the preaching. Okay...steak and some rich dessert too! If you want to listen to the sermons, you can click on this link. Be ready to sit with your Bible, a pad of paper and a pen because you're going to need it. The whole conference was so encouraging.

No comments: