Sunday, October 3, 2010

Surprise! Surprise!

The kids knew we were planning a HUGE surprise for the end of the month. Little did they know that when they woke up on Oct. 1st there would be a new set of guests in our guest room. These were not missionaries, guest speakers, New England friends, or long-lost friends from college. It was family: Dad and Cathy!

Cathy had decided to surprise Dad for his birthday with tickets to come and see us. He found out that he would be coming here on Sept. 29th. When she told him that they would be coming out for a visit he asked, "When are we going?" She replied, "Tomorrow!" Guess he packed quickly, huh? The last time Dad and Cathy had been to New England was when the twins were born so we were super excited that they were coming.

It was originally going to be a surprise for me too, but I put two and two together and figured things out (I know, surprising). Plus, Cathy was figuring that if I was like her, I would want to know ahead of time so that I could plan and clean. Boy was she right!

The kids woke up on Friday morning wanting to know what the surprise was and when they would find out. I told them, "This morning." We got up and got ready and then I told the kids that the surprise was up in the classroom. They ran upstairs and were literally speechless when they saw Dad and Cathy standing there. It didn't take long for them to be bouncing off the walls!

Cathy had emailed a few ideas of things that she thought she and Dad would want to go and see, so we took Friday to plan and look at the weather too. We decided to do Plimoth Plantation Saturday since it would be a day with warmer, drier weather. The kids were so excited to show Grandma and Grandpa all of the things that they had learned from just a few weeks ago. I love this picture of Dad above with a Native American football! Who knew?!? It was a long day, but we were already enjoying making lots of memories.

No comments: