We can now turn our attention to the summer reading program at our local library. I'm thankful this one isn't a competition and we can write down the ones we've already read so far this summer. Whew.
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
One Down, One To Go
Marshall and Shaylen wrapped up their summer reading contest. The contest was between a few friends and our kids. We had a great time and I think the kids enjoyed it too. It was back and forth for Shaylen with another boy for first place, but Shaylen ended up on top in the end. I must say, that boy provided more motivation than I ever could have. She truly didn't want him to beat her! Can you tell that she is our competitive one? It also helps that she is a bookworm...always having her nose in a book. Marshall was in sixth place three weeks ago. It wasn't looking as good for him, but he got a second wind in that last week and ended up in third. He was so excited and so was I!
We can now turn our attention to the summer reading program at our local library. I'm thankful this one isn't a competition and we can write down the ones we've already read so far this summer. Whew.
We can now turn our attention to the summer reading program at our local library. I'm thankful this one isn't a competition and we can write down the ones we've already read so far this summer. Whew.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment