I'm thinking our cooler & wetter weather this summer made the summer fly by! Either that or my calendar really didn't relent in the various and sundry activities that come up on a daily basis. Whichever it was, it is finally August and I've begun preparations for Marshall and Shaylen's first grade year. (I actually ordered stuff months ago...it's just been sitting in storage.)I've started punching out manipulatives, tearing out workbook pages and arranging my files. In fact, I have lesson plans done for the first week and the contents for their folders already set aside as well! There's something else up my sleeve for the classroom, but I am hesitant to write about it until plans are finalized. Curious? Well, you'll just have to wait and see. You know me. When/if it takes place, I'll have camera in hand, ready to post the pics here. We've tentatively set a start date for August 17th.
Marshall and Shaylen have been playing school, VBS, and church like crazy here at home. I'm hearing all of the VBS songs and listening to them quote verses that they memorized throughout that week. For school, they've been arranging all of their stuffed animals, pulling tons of books off the shelf and writing out lessons. It's quite humorous to sit and listen to them go on and on. When they play "church" they sing all five verses of O For A Thousand Tongues to Sing consecutively! It's now their favorite. One day, I'll have them sing it for the camera so you can hear it for yourself.
On another note: What is this world coming to? I've received word that my sister is now going to be starting a blog and Taigen finally broke down and got a Facebook account! That means he'll stop mooching off of mine I guess. Glad I can be a good influence on these two and catch them up with the rest of the 21st century. Tee Hee!
3 comments:
First, the picture of Shaylen is adorable!!!!! Second, I can't believe it is almost time for you to start school. I am still waiting for my break. :) But, if you ever need a sub be sure to call Auntie Janelleee! Lastly, I almost had a heart attack when I saw Taigen was on Facebook!
I was reading your post and Enzo came over to see the picture of Shaylen. He said, "Is Shaylen going to church? She is pretty!" :)
Shaylen was about to go to church! Soooo glad Enzo thinks S is pretty. That'll help in about 13 years.
Post a Comment