Friday, July 31, 2009

It's Finally Out

While Marshall's first tooth had no problem falling out, this second one decided to hang on for dear life! Yuck. By this morning you could see the entire bottom front of the tooth hanging out of the gums. Do you remember my particular distaste for pulling teeth? Alas, the call of motherhood overruled because guess who ended up pulling the stubborn thing out? Yup. Me, that's who.

It took us a while, but after much crying, prodding, wiggling and probably half a roll of toilet paper later, the tooth finally came out this afternoon. I think the emotional mess leading up to it was a lot more dramatic than the actual pulling. Once Marshall realized that it was gone, he started laughing with great enthusiasm. So did I! Surprisingly, I didn't get squeamish at all the yuckiness. I think I was just so eager to have it out!

Marshall's reward was a fudgesicle. Mine? Well, it was a huge, long process, but I think I've earned the trust of my son. If you throw in a Strawberry Frappucino with that, I won't argue.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Marshall (and Mom)!!!! You both did a terrific job and I know it was a struggle for both of you! Isn't it amazing what motherhood can bring out in us?
Love to all, Lorna :)

js said...

Horray Marshall! Next time you can pull it out! :) I can't wait to see your missing tooth for myself. I'll be home soon. Love you!