Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sunshine, Water and Small (Literally) Disappointments

Mom had gone with us to Walmart on Monday and purchased (what we thought) a pool big enough for the kids to have a considerable amount of fun in this summer. The picture was very deceiving (Photoshop anyone?) and the pool was surprisingly small. We'll take the full blame because the dimensions were clearly written on the box, but still it was disappointing to see the puny thing all blown up and eagerly awaiting Oompa-Loompa children or something similarly small. Thankfully, it wasn't very expensive (now I know why) and maybe we can turn around and sell it on Craigslist or something.

The saying goes though, "When life gives you a lemon, make lemonade." We decided to make it work for us since I had taken all the effort to blow it all up. We took off the accompanying slide (which collapsed under the weight of the kids when they tried to climb it) and jimmy-rigged our big water slide near it so they could slide down into the pool.

The kids had a blast in the warmth of Tuesday. The hose water seemed a bit colder than the ocean because they were soon shivering, but not so cold that they complained about it. Mom was howling at their reactions as I pushed them down the slide into the frigid waters. I wasn't able to capture that on camera, but I got some fun shots of the kids anyway.

2 comments:

Becky Gravley said...

i love the part about the slide collapsing under their weight...nice! =/ i hope you can find a better one for a good deal!

Unknown said...

"Jimmy-rigged" lol !!!! Are you sure you aren't from Oklahoma!?