Saturday, July 11, 2009

Feline Friend

For a couple of weeks now we've had a little kitty visiting us in our backyard. Often when I'm out picking chives or refilling the bird feeder I see him/her waiting at the edge of the woods. It's got its eyes on the chipmunks, squirrels or birds.

Thursday when we were outside, I saw her and decided to talk to her. She responded and came closer. I pet her and she was very friendly. She's well cared for, so she's not a stray, but she decided to hang out at our house all day.

Marshall & Shaylen loved her and even named her Smudges. I like the idea of a pet that comes to visit, is friendly and allows my kids to pet her and talk to her AND then goes back home. It's all the benefits of a pet without all the work!

6 comments:

js said...

So cute! :)

Becky Gravley said...

i just read your quote on the side of the blog from feminine appeal! isn't that a GREAT book!!?? i actually made a couple of "talks" for a ladies conference from that book. it was life-changing for me.

Unknown said...

That settles it, YOU NEED A CAT!!!! Look how sweet Marshall looks with a kitty. Cats are so easy to care for. You can even teach them to go do their business outside. So no more excuses, I am now going to harass you forever until you get your poor children a sweet kitty. he he he.

The Coffee Press said...

Becky, I love the book. I haven't quite finished it, but it's been a good read so far. Let's just say it's a "spanker."

Karen, I KNEW you would give me a hard time about the cat. Thanks for coming through for me. Tee Hee. The only problem with cats is that they are moody. One day they love you, the other day they can't stand you.

The Coffee Press said...

Karen, Taigen said to tell you that he heard a well-known Republican commentator say that "the difference between dogs and cats is that dogs have masters, cats have staff." How true!

Unknown said...

Well....all I can say is that I have had a variety of cats in my life since I was five and I have never felt unloved by any of them. And can't we all be moody sometimes???? Hmmmmm??? lol. My best childhood memories are of my cat Mitty. I think it really helps to get a kitty that has been handled with love from day one. All that being said, I just had to tease you on that. Marshall just looked sooooo cute lovin that kitty. I loved looking at that picture it is just too precious. Love ya!!