Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Obviously This Comes From Their Father's Genes

One thing that cracks me up about Taigen, Marshall and Shaylen is that when they go outside, they often sneeze. Taigen will call out, "Sun sneeze!" The kids have picked up on this and so now when they go outside and sneeze you'll hear them in their small voices say, "Sun sneeze!"

Yesterday was really hot. I'm guessing it got up to about 91, which is pretty hot for around here. Combine that with the humidity and you have one bad hair day. Unfortunately for us, we were in need of a grocery store run. We waited until the evening to go, but that didn't diminish the wall of heat that hit you when you stepped outside. The sun was glaring.

We drove to the store and got out of the van. As we walked toward the entrance. Marshall opens his mouth and lets out a huge burp. Not some small little hiccupy *burp*, but a huge b-e-l-c-h. It was awfully loud for such a little person.
Of course, I was shocked that he would do that. Not just that it happened (I promise that I've been a diligent mother and dutifully trained them to mind their manners), but that it also happened in public. Sigh! I'm continually reminded that a mother's work is never done. (Job security, right?)

I was immediately thinking of what I was going to say, or what his father should say, but we both had to hide the laughter when he piped up and said, "Sun Burp!"

2 comments:

Jess and Matt said...

Hilarious!!! Little sponges :)

Anonymous said...

Falling out of my chair laughing!

Danette R.