Saturday, August 8, 2009

Apparently, Today is the Day to Fly

Today is a beeeeeautiful day here in NH! The doors are open! The windows are open! The sun is shining. A breeze is blowing. It's wonderful!

Since Taigen is away today playing at the "Hole-y Land" (i.e. The Heritage Invitational Golf Tournament), I decided to do something special with the kids. First we went on a walk. I should've taken the camera because we were quite the sight. Shaylen was pushing her baby in a pink stroller and Marshall was walking around with his wooden sword and shield that he got after VBS(thanks to Brutus, uh...Mr. Dustin).

Janelle is on a plane headed for home as I type. When we prayed before breakfast this morning Shaylen prayed for her flight to be safe. "...And help there to be no emergencies." While we were on our walk we must've seen at least 5 different airplanes. I kid you not, with each one Marshall stopped, shielded his eyes and looked up asking, "Is that Auntie Janellee's airplane?" The answer was the same each time but he continued asking. Can you tell what's on his mind?

After our walk I drove the kids over to the itsy-bitsy airport that's not too far from us. We enjoyed watching 10 different planes land and 2 take off within the space of an hour. The kids had a blast and I enjoyed watching their excitement.

No comments: