1.Surgery went smoothly. It was the IV's that gave us grief. This has got to be the absolute worst part about these things. The room instantly got hot and I was trying very hard to breathe d-e-e-p-l-y!
2.They gave me meds to help with the post-anesthesia nausea, but that didn't seem to make a difference.
3.I am now sporting a lovely shade of yellow from the elbow down and a much-padded hand. No luck on getting a sticker OR a coupon to Starbucks from the nurse!
4.I felt my first bit of pain today during school, but waited until afterwards to take the meds. I didn't want to fall asleep during their lessons. My first Vicadin was taken today at noon and I'm thankful I did.
5.Tomorrow I get to take off the bandage and take a peek at the dr's handiwork. Let's hope I don't faint at the sight.
Thanks for all of your prayers.
3 comments:
Post amnesia? ( :
Hopefully the sight of your wound isn't too bad. Hope you are healing well!
Becca! That spelling error was hilarious! They told me not to shop online after surgery, but they didn't tell me to not blog! Maybe they should have. I've corrected it, but who knows who else had fun at my Vicadin-related errors!
It tickled me. I knew they had some pain killers, but I thought amnesia might be too much of a side-effect. Or maybe not...was that Vicodin you say? Just kidding....
Post a Comment