I have another book to recommend to you! This was another one of those old books I found at the Dyer Library book sale one year and we pulled it off the shelf this morning. I didn't have to rehearse for choir so I had some free time to snuggle with the kids.

This book is also written by Elizabeth Yates and illustrated by Nora S. Unwin. 84 pages. You will love the depiction of an early American family who trusts in the Lord even through difficult circumstances. It brought up some great conversations with the kids about fear, trust, and the fact that God is always in control.
Here is the Author's Note from inside:
"The story of Sarah Whitcher is found in
History of Warren, New Hampshire by William Little. It was published in Manchester, New Hampshire, by W.E. Moore, a printer, in 1870, as Chapter VII, pp.322.328, with this heading: How Sarah Whitcher Was Lost in the Woods; What Happened and How They Hunted for Her. Together with a Remarkable Dream, and How a Bushel of Beans Suddenly Disappeared."
(How's that for a title, eh?)
No comments:
Post a Comment